Simple Skin Care





You know, there's a lot of things that motherhood has done to me over the years. It's grounded me. It's slowed me down. It's given me this surreal type of inner-strength that I never imagined myself having, and it has completely shifted my priorities around. But I think the coolest thing motherhood has done to me is given me a new sense of physical confidence. Seeing the strength and the limits my body has gone to makes me proud of my body for like the first time ever, and it makes me want to show it off! (All with the help of a few good products that is.) Here's my mom-bod routine.

Sunscreen, Always

 I live in northern Minnesota where the sun isn't always bright and shining; but I always, always wear sunscreen. The sun's UV rays are the main cause of wrinkles, dark-spots, and not to mention skin cancer. I love Neutrogena's Oil-free sunscreen in a SPF 50. It leaves a clear little sheen but it's slip-free, so it doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy.


Self Tanner

I am a girl from the 90s who used to go to the *gasp* tanning beds on my high school lunch break once a week. I know better than that now obviously, but I still love the look of a sun-kissed glow. That's why I wear sunless tanning lotion on the regular. I love St. Tropez self tanning bronzing water gel. It goes on light, dries super quickly, and doesn't leave weird looking streaks. Plus it comes in a variety of super yummy smelling scents. My favorite is tropical.


Balm for Everything

I have my mom to thank for teaching me to put Vaseline on literally everything. My lips. Elbows. Knees. My kids' cuts and burns. My toddlers occasional diaper rash. I even use it to remove eye makeup. Seriously it's like a miracle product. Any gal can appreciate such multitasking!


Vitamin C Serum

 I've used multiple Vitamin C Serums and they all seem to have the same effect: brightening and tightening the skin and repairing sun damage. Sometimes when I don't feel like splurging on expensive bottles of Vitamin C serum from Sephora or Ulta, I buy vitamin C gel capsules from the grocery store and break them open and apply directly on my skin. I use this on everything from my face to my shoulders.


Balanced Health and Nutrition

There is a direct link between the health of your gut and that of your skin. Eating clean and hydrating is a mommy must. Lord knows we don't have the element of sleep on our side, so take control of the things you can. Does this mean I never eat carbs or processed foods? No way! Moderation is the key.

More than ever, I'm motivated to really look after my body, and not just for myself, but for my kids. What do you do to nourish your skin? Drop me some of your tips in the comments below.



Comments

Popular Posts