Modern Forest Kitchen Reveal

 When I started scheming up what I wanted our new kitchen to look like, my mind went into a couple different directions at once. The home's original style was very much mid-century modern, yet it's nestled in big forest trees at the edge of a beautiful rocky cliff giving it a cozy, forest feel. Thus gives birth to the Modern Forest concept. This design is completely custom built by the amazing Knutson Custom Construction, and from start to finish took a very long, but very worth-it, year and a half. 

All the cabinets are in a beautiful jet black with sturdy gold hardware, and since we took away a lot of upper cabinets we got creative with how we would store our items. We have drawers for drinking glasses, drawers with pegs for daily plates and kitchenware, a kitchen aide mixer pop-up stand, spice drawers, and much, much more. We also had beautiful floating shelves built out of white oak which are great to use to store everyday dishes as well as seasonal display.

The island we had built is nice and large and makes for a more functional kitchen. It has awesome storage on one side, and allows for seating for three  on the other side. We could fit seating for four but we chose big, over-sized more comfortable stools. I love the look of the waterfall edge that we chose for the island, and since the island is mainly for eating meals on and not for prepping food on, we had a beautiful custom butchers block made which I use as my main food prep station. Also, a pop-up electrical outlet was installed on the end closet to the prep station which I love and use all the time for hand-held type appliances and more.

You'll notice that I went with a farmhouse sink which gives the modern decor a nice soft element which I absolutely love. Plus the giant sink makes washing dishes, and filling pots an absolute breeze, not to mention I find it so very beautiful.

But I think my most favorite part of the new kitchen is just how open everything is. No longer is our family divided in different corners of the house. The little desk allows for kids to be out in the common area when doing homework/computer work. The beautiful island makes for an amazing congregating area, and by taking down the wall that divided our kitchen from out living room originally has given our home an all around gorgeous view all around. 

There are so many more details to this kitchen that I haven't included. Leave your questions in the comments sections below.









Comments

Popular Posts